iWalk2.0 vs iWalk3.0
Meet the iWALK3.0 – a new and improved model of hands-free knee crutch now available on the UK mobility aid market. While it features the same brilliant core design as the iWALK 2.0, this latest edition has evolved to include an array of convenient (and comfortable) updates – like a more efficient strap system, better tread grip and more.
Join us as we unpack the iWALK2.0 vs. iWALK3.0 in further detail below, breaking down exactly what has changed, and how these upgrades will benefit user experience.
- Thigh Support pads are now thicker, and made from a high-resilience foam for better longevity. The surface area on the Thigh Support has also been increased by 30%, to improve both comfort and stability.
- Six different numbered settings have been added to the Thigh Supports, to make finding the perfect fit easier than ever – and the support is now spring loaded to make fitting faster too.
- The thumb screws used to lock down Thigh Supports are now 89% bigger, to make them easier to access and operate.
On the iWALK 3.0, the pad in the Knee Platform now has built-in channels to enable better airflow around the joint, and encourage cooling. Like the Thigh Support pads – the Knee Platform pads are thicker too, with an improved high-resilience foam for a more comfortable fit.
The Knee Platform on the iWALK 3.0 also has a built-in recess, to make room for any protrusions of the upper tibia – such as tibial tuberosity or Osgood-Schlatter disease.
- On the iWALK 2.0, the height of the crutch could only be adjusted on the right-hand side – but these adjustments can be made on both sides on the iWALK 3.0. This extended flexibility should reduce noise, and make the crutch more stable.
- On the lower crutch of the iWALK 3.0, the height adjustment springs are on the exterior, and include handy clips to secure them, so stiff springs are a thing of the past.
- Improved closed cell foam padding for comfort.
- New Velcro closures to make the initial fitting easier.
- The strap covering is now made from soft and breathable Tricot fabric.
- Now features a locking buckle, so straps won’t get lost or slip out of sight.
- A new, quick-release buckle for faster removal.
- There are rounded strap mounts, to enable rotation of up to 24 degrees.
- Dual tensionlock buckles are now spring loaded and non-slip for a more secure fit.
- The straps are now two different colours for ease of use – blue to adjust the tension, and black to adjust the length.
Thigh Gate Strap
To improve comfort and stability, the Thigh Gate Strap is 22% bigger on the iWALK 3.0. This strap can be easily adjusted, but will conveniently maintain its position once it’s been set.
- The crutch Foot is 35% wider, improving stability by up to 54% and making it much easier for beginners to get the hang of iWALKing.
- There are now helpful graphics printed on the base of the foot, which give clear instructions for left or right foot orientation.
- The Vibram Tread is now blue and offers better traction and grip, thanks to a 36% larger surface area.
- The central cavity which featured in the Vibram Tread of the iWALK 2.0 has been removed, to avoid the build up of dirt and debris.